This Page

has been moved to new address

Our Family Treasure Hunt

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
SAS Interiors: Our Family Treasure Hunt

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Our Family Treasure Hunt

One thing I ♥, but don't often get to do, is travel.  With young kids and the busyness of everyday life, our travel days have come few and far between.  When my hubby and I were first married we traveled to many places and somehow we started collecting spoons from each destination.  It started off as a quirky, funny exploration, but since, it's become our family treasure hunt.  I love that along with our photographs, I can reminisce about our amazing memories through my spoon collection.  

My continually growing collection is displayed in my foyer, in a beautiful box that I purchased from the Bombay Company years ago ~ loved the simplicity and dark wood finish.  Every day when I look at them, I think back on where we've been and the experiences we had at each place the spoon represents.  I think it's awesome to look and think that 'I've been to all theses places, wow' ~ except for a few that my mom has brought back from her travels.

 Some of my favorites
Collecting spoons is a past time for many, but I enjoy it because when visiting a new city or country, the search for a spoon is in the fore-front of my mind ~ I know, a little wacky, but truthful!  No vaca is complete without a spoon to remember it by!

I love when people collect things from their travels, like thimbles, salt and pepper shakers, etc... Tell me about your collection ....And how do you display them in your home? ♥ Your Comments!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Congrats on your new website, Jenna. Looks like you're off to a great start! :)

 
At October 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Jenna, SAS Interiors said...

Thanks so much Julia...I truly appreciate your kind words! Your website is awesome as well.
Would love for you to become a follower of SAS Interiors!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I truly appreciate your kind words. Check back often for new DIY projects & the inside guide to Interior Design ideas.

Want more of SAS Interiors? Become a GFC follower and subscribe for daily email updates on my inspirational posts. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, as well! Be Inspired by great design!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home